Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Check out Kell's new crib!


Sweet Crib Dreams

A little better look at the set up.
Today was one of the most exciting days I've had throughout this experience. I walked into the NICU this morning nervous because they did another MRSA test (remember they do these on everyone every two weeks) yesterday and I didn't want to see the dreaded sign on Kell's door. Thankfully, my prayers were answered and everything came back negative so no sign. Instead I was greeted by Kell's nurse who informed me that after the bath we had planned for today, Kell would be moving into a crib and wear clothes! I couldn't believe it! Honestly, it wasn't even on my radar for this week and so I was totally unprepared. I didn't have his cute quilt that his Nana made or any of the sweet little preemie clothes we have for him at home. Thankfully, the NICU has bedding and clothes for him to use until I bring in his stuff. I was so thrilled with his new bed that I seriously wanted everyone to see what a big boy Kell had become. If I could have I would have pranced up and down the hall pushing Keller in his crib for all to see. I briefly thought of calling Dr. Walker's office and claiming there was an emergency just so I could show off Kell's milestone to someone else who could appreciate how far he's come. Then I came to my senses and realized that I was starting to go to my crazy place and Dr. Walker would see him in his crib the next time he popped by to check on him. I have been grinning from ear to ear all night so happy that my little champion is now in a crib!

P.S. Keller is now 4 lbs. 8 oz. & 16.9 inches long. This means he's over double his birth weight!

There's at least 2 oz. in those cheeks!


Thanks so much for praying for all of us!
Lots of Love,
Shelly

3 comments:

  1. Our prayers continue and it is just so wonderful to see Kell continue to grow and thrive. He is such an amazing boy Shelly and I can just picture you wheeling him up and down the hall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so awesome! Loving his plump cheeks!! : ) Just want to kiss and love on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I just want to let you know that I am praying for your little guy! Abby

    ReplyDelete