Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Getting bigger everyday!


I gained another 2 oz!?! Yessss!!
 Keller is now 4 lbs. 12 oz.! He's going to be a five pound baby by the weekend if he keeps up this rate of growth! We just need him to stretch out a bit to give his lungs room to grow. Yesterday, he got to wear his clothes from home and I was so nervous about pulling his onesie over his head that I made the nurse, Sheri, do it. Today I was brave and changed his clothes and the biggest poopy diaper I've ever see Kell have all by myself. Well, almost....Lexi did unhook & hook back up the cannula during the pull the shirt over the head move. I was nervous, feeling like a total rookie instead of an experienced mama. It took me the longest time to complete the task, but I did it! I know I'll feel more comfortable and confident the more I do it. He's just so little, it's scary!!
Tonight Grayson was asking when he would be able to hold Keller. I told him it wouldn't be for a while and he got a little upset. I completely understand his desire to hold Keller but the idea of anyone handling Keller besides Micah, me, the nurses, and doctors makes me uneasy to say the least. I'm sure as he gets older and stronger I'll start to feel differently but right now the rule is look with your eyes and not with your hands.
This weekend it's all about baseball and homework. Grayson's baseball season has started up. We have a new coach this year with a few of his teammates from last year and Gray loves it. I'm looking forward to when the games start. He's also working on a project for his school's science fair. All the 4th graders do a project and Gray is pumped about it!
Asher is going to be the special person next week at school. He brought home an All About Me poster and the class stuffy, Froggy, to spend the weekend with us. It reminds me of my kindergarten class (my kinders brought home Curious George) and made me miss my school kiddos today. It's been so long since I've seen them and I know they've all grown so much. But I'm really excited to do this activity with Asher. It's so much fun being on this side of the special person of the week. I loved seeing the excitement in Asher's face as he announced that he had Froggy. My big boys are getting so big!

Prayers:
·         Keller grows in length so his lungs have room to grow.
·         Kell’s lungs heal and grow.
·         Kell’s eyes develop properly.
·         Kell’s brain develops typically and there isn’t any damage from being so premature.
·         Peace for Grayson & Asher as we continue on this crazy journey. I want them to keep in their hearts that they are greatly loved by both Micah and me even when our attention is on Keller.
·         Micah’s contract with Swedish came to an end and we’re praying for a new opportunity to arise. God is really teaching us to fully depend on Him!
·         Rest & energy for me. I am exhausted and my brain feels like its functioning in slow motion with large sections that periodically pause and delete items. Not good.

Thanks for your prayers!
I feel so bad that I haven’t been very good about thanking people promptly. Please know that if you have done something for our family that we SO appreciate it! I just am not operating on normal function and I apologize. I hope to get caught up someday soon. Thank you for your grace and patience.

Lots of Love,
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment