Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year!



I don't think I've ever been so excited for a new year as I was for this year! 2012 wasn't so hot for the Dolen's, but 2013 is going to be FABULOUS!! (I'm singing that just in case you were wondering. Try it, you won't be able to keep yourself from smiling.) There is so much excitement after all 2013 is the year of the 1st birthdays!
To kick off 2013, we celebrated Keller's first, 1st birthday. He turned chronologically 1 on the 5th so we did a mini celebration with my parents, Kylah, and Micah's parents. It was mini, no theme (those of you that know me well are probably clutching your chests in shock because I L-O-V-E, love a good theme!) just a taco bar, some cupcakes that Gray made all by himself, and a couple of non-gifts. What is a non-gift? It's a gift that you bring to a party when the mama says no gifts. Nana and Auntie Kylah both brought non-gifts. My mom wrapped hers saying it was for his therapy, a learning tool so it didn't count. Kylah didn't wrap hers so that's how hers didn't count. It made me laugh. I would have TOTALLY done the same thing!
It was just a mini for a couple of reasons....1. It was his chronological birthday and so he's not really like a 1 yr old. He's an 8 month old. 2. We are planning on celebrating his adjusted birthday April 17th, his homecoming anniversary April 27th, and then having an actual BIG 1st birthday celebration this summer after the cold & flu season is over. I'm SO excited!! You might not get it, but that's okay. Our family is totally pumped to celebrate all the anniversaries of our wonderful little Kell.

I hope 2013 brings lots of reasons for you to celebrate, too!
Lots of Love,
Shelly



No comments:

Post a Comment