Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

28 & 3

Update from Shelly....

My babies are three weeks old today! While I can't believe that they are already three weeks (28 weeks gestationally) it seems like a lifetime ago I was pregnant wondering how long I would be able to carry them hoping to make it 28 weeks. So things didn't quite turn out as I had hoped but the fact that I am greatly blessed is not lost on me. They say that crisis can bring the best or worst out of people and we have been SO incredibly blessed with the best. The best family, friends, and community ready to help with anything and everything with loving support and tons of prayer. We have been so grateful for all of the meals, it has been so nice to not have to worry about what's for dinner each night. So thank you!!!

Here's how the twins celebrated 28 & 3 today:

Skyler: The doctors are puzzled by Skyler's urine output. Thankfully, today his output was good (he went so much his diaper leaked causing him to soak his bed) and this caused his abdominal swelling to shrink back down to normal size. He looked great today!!! He's been restful all day even with his sedation meds down a little more today. While the nurses were getting him all situated again after his bed linen change I got to hold his little foot and talk to him with the isolette cover off. He gripped my finger with his little monkey toes and opened his eyes to look at me while I chatted away. The nurse and I were both pleasantly surprised at how much Skyler liked this especially after the position change and handling that came with the bed change, we all know how much Sky loves to be messed with! His numbers were fabulous while we were having our moment...ahhh such a gift!!

Skyler 3 Weeks


Keller: The little big man is feeling really good with his new vent settings. He has been crazy active all day! I spent the afternoon trying to get him to take a nap. He only slept for about 45 minutes after about an hour of comfort hold. I hope this isn't going to be the way he always naps because this mama loves her naps! They are hoping to switch him over to the CPAP machine tomorrow and I hope it works out well. Kell is really done with the whole tube thing and it would be so awesome for him to not have to have the vent tube down his throat. I'm looking forward to some Kangaroo Care tomorrow. His nurse asked me just as I was about to leave for the day if I wanted to hold him and I had to sadly say I couldn't. His big brother, Grayson, has his school concert tonight and I couldn't miss it. Such a difficult thing to turn down but tomorrow I'll for sure be able to say yes!!!

Keller 3 Weeks


As for the big boys....

Grayson and I went on a mini date last night. I got home so late after getting to hold Keller and waiting for worst of the traffic to be over so we only had 15 minutes before Starbucks closed. I offered to take him to another place but we have history at Starbucks (before Asher was born we used to have coffee dates every Friday morning) and Gray wanted to stay there. Even though the time was short Gray was thrilled with the time we had just the two of us. Always, the little chatter (where does he get that from!?!) I got filled in on all the haps of the 4th grade world. We both agree that we need to make this a regular thing.
Asher is carrying around twin stuffed penguins calling them his brothers. It's so fun to watch him proudly carry his "little brothers" around the house practicing his big brother skills. I guess he'll be ready to go when Sky & Kell make it home!

Thanks so much for all of your prayers and keep them coming!

Lots of love,
Shelly 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so touched by what you write. Prayers for your family and these miracle babies.

    ReplyDelete