Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Hours after...

It's 7:25pm and I'm writing this from my house. I spent most of the day at the hospital helping and making sure Micah and Shelly had everything they needed! After delivery the babies went to the NICU and Micah was able to check on them a few times...coming back with good news each time. Micah was able to get some sleep and Shelly got a brief nap as well. Shelly, as always, has been an amazing woman through this whole process...never complaining, just asking for simple requests (like chap stick and filing her nails)! Around 5:30 I was able to get some food in Micah ;) It was a long day and only a few snacks was not enough for that big boy...even if he denies it. After his dinner he got authorization to have me come along to the NICU to visit Skyler and Keller.

Those little boys are just the sweetest things I have ever laid eyes on. Babies are always special, but these two are different. They are both fighting, hooked up to many tubes, under lamps, on heating pads, under plastic, and inside little incubators. Through all the tubes, tape, and everything else I could still see two precious little boys who have blessed this world! Keller is under a special light and has to wear a cover over his eyes, but printed on the cover is sunglasses...it looks so cute! Skyler was sleeping with his hands stretched over his head...almost like he was stretching himself out...after being cooped up in the womb for 25 weeks.

We know that the first few hours (which we've passed) and days a head are the most critical. So, while they are in stable condition and looking so sweet; we are still needing as many prayers as we can get! I can honestly say this was the most emotional, spectacular, amazing day I have had in my life and I will never forget it! I'm so blessed and can't wait to continue this special bond with my new nephews!

Thanks again to all our friends and family who are keeping The Dolen Family in their thoughts and prayers and also helping out along this journey. I know I speak for them when I say "we love you!"

Micah and me before the delivery!


Until tomorrow-

Auntie Kylah

1 comment:

  1. Kylah thank you so much for the updates and pictures. Those are two beautiful boys! Continued prayers are headed to the Dolen family.

    ReplyDelete