Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

7 Weeks

Picture of the day: Snuggles with Mommy

Keller is 7 weeks old today and it was a good day. Warning total mommy bragging moment, but he is just so stinking sweet and adorable. We had the best cuddles today. He totally passed out on my chest and it was amazing! I can't wait to go back tomorrow for more! We had our team meeting today and here's the update... Kell is now 3 lbs. 11 1/2 oz. seriously that kiddo is gaining weight like crazy! Love it!! He's still on the high flow cannula and they are hoping to wean him down on the amount of force (he's at 5.0) and the percentage of oxygen (he dances between 30 and 26 we want him to be at 21) over the next few weeks. His isolette temp is 30.1 right now, but this is also a dance. He needs to be at 28 and teased us with 29 but popped right back up. We have to celebrate the moments and trust God for the future.


Today my devotional talked about being on guard against self-pity. I have definitely thrown myself some pity parties in the past (usually princess themed since I don't have any little girls, ha!) but I have a rule about the length of the parties...they have to be short. I am not a wallower. The constant "woe is me" is not my thing and it's not something I want to teach my children. When Lazarus died Jesus wept, but He didn't sit and wallow. Granted He had the skills to bring Lazarus back to life and I don't have those skills, but I still look to His example. It's okay to be sad and to cry. I've certainly done that, but God has given me so many gifts (Micah, Grayson, Asher, Skyler, Keller, fabulous friends and family to mention a few) and I don't want to forget to be thankful for all of my blessings. If I decide to wallow in my grief to let it over shadow all of my joy it will start to kill the joy of the people I love the most. I don't want my boys to grow up under the cloud of woe. So I pray a lot for God to scoop me up and carry me through and He has. All I have to do is keep my focus on Him. Sounds so easy right!?! Ha, wish it was! Thankfully, He is patient with me and doesn't hold it against me when I forget and pull out my tiara for a little pity party (I had one during our MRSA scare). Instead, He stands by waiting for me to finish and turn back to Him. I imagine Him looking at me the way I looked at my boys when they were toddlers throwing their little tantrums waiting for them to finish so we could move on to bigger and better things. I just know He has so many wonderful things in store for me, for all of us. So I will continue to count my blessings, trust in Him, and try my best to follow His advice to guard against pity parties.

Thanks again for all the prayers, meals, & so much more! So many blessings...thank you, thank you!

Lots of Love,

Shelly
Daddy's favorite pic of the day.

1 comment:

  1. You are in my constant prayers. I am so proud of how strong you are and know we are all learning so much from you about strength and courage.

    ReplyDelete