Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I believe in miracles

Update from Shelly...

Sky is swinging between critical & critically critical. He is receiving all the support they have to offer him so we're praying God has a miracle in store for him. We had conversations today that I hope to never have again. They left both Micah & I emotionally exhausted. Glenda is Sky's nurse today and she lifted the lid off & put down the sides of the isolette so I could give him some kisses and be close to him. I soaked him in...his smell; he has the most beautiful long eyelashes, his long delicate fingers & toes; his soft (& fuzzy) skin, his light brown hair smoothed down by laying in his little bed; baby perfection. He tolerated our short time well and it was an amazing gift for me. It has been such an emotional day to say the least, not quite the way I thought we were going to ring in the twins turning 4 weeks old. Praying for miracles for my sweet little Sky.

Lots of Love,


Shelly

10 comments:

  1. Shelly, I can't remember when I last prayed before today but little Sky has had me on my knees. Praying for your miracle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to come tomorrow to take pictures of your little guys. Let me know if you would like that. Praying. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for a miracle. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying, praying, praying...now, more than ever. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can just picture him through your perfect description; you have me in tears. I'm sending all the love and prayers possible to you all~

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are no words for this, other than you are handling it amazingly well. Your faith will carry you through. Still praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are praying for him, and all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't know me but I have been where you are (almost one year ago) and I wanted to send love and prayers to you and your whole family, especially your precious babies. You are all in my thoughts and in my heart.
    From, another proud mommy of twin boys

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came to your blog from a posting by one of my sorority sisters. I visit not only to send my very sincere wishes and positive thoughts, but as a mother of twin 2 year olds and a 5 yr old, I know support is accepted no matter who the person may be. May God bless your family and give healing thoughts to both of your twins. ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. You don't know me, but I've stood in your same shoes 16 months ago. I know how very difficult days like today can be and pray that things turn around overnight. Please know that my heart weighs heavy tonight as I think of your family and Skylar's condition. I will be praying that that his condition stabilizes soon and that tomorrow is a 'good day' -- and the day after that, and the day after that... Bless you all.
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete