Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Big Boy!

Doing his stretches
Yesterday, when Asher and I arrived at the NICU in the morning we were greeted by a 4 lb. 2 oz. Keller! He gained almost 3 oz. in a 24 hour period! I was expecting about an ounce because that seemed to be his pattern so I was shocked by his huge growth. I can't wait to see how his little cheeks fill in over the next few weeks. Since it was just Asher and me in the NICU I wasn't able to hold Keller. We had the blanket that usually covers his isolette up so we could see him. While Asher and I were playing some games on the bench, Kell was watching us like he was totally understanding what we were talking about. Asher and I both thought this was the cutest thing ever! Ash took several game breaks to walk over and talk to Kell. He was saying things like, "Hi, Keller (only it kind of sounds like killer but we will work on that) you're so cute! I love you, Keller! Keller you will grow and get big like me!" It was the sweetest thing. I love seeing him embrace his role as the big brother. I am so excited to watch Asher and Keller's relationship evolve as they mature. Micah spent the evening in the NICU for some special Kell/Daddy cuddle time. Micah looked so relaxed and happy when he got home just the look on his face made my heart so happy.

Sucking on his fingers

Lots of Love,
Shelly

*I actually had all of this typed last night, but before I posted I passed out on the couch. I'm looking forward to the day when I have my energy back!

No comments:

Post a Comment