Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I am your Shield

Update from last night...


Today was a good day just as I expected! Micah and I are doing this awesome devotional together it's called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. Each night I read the one for the next day so we can let it marinate and wake up with a renewed focus on Him. Today's devotional said, "I am your strength and shield. I plan out each day and have it ready for you long before you arise from bed. I also provide the strength you need each step of the way. Instead of assessing your energy level and wondering about what's on the road ahead, concentrate on staying in touch with Me. My power flows freely into you through our open communication. Refuse to waste energy worrying and you will have strength to spare.
Whenever you start to feel afraid, remember that I am your Shield. But unlike inanimate armor, I am always alert and active. My Presence watches over you continually, protecting you from both the known and unknown dangers. Entrust yourself to My watchcare, which is the best security system available. I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go."
Psalm 28:7; Matthew 6:34; Psalm 56:3-4; Genesis 28: 15 Isn't it good!?!

Now for the update on our sweet boys!
Sky is back on a low dose of dopamine. His urine output had dropped again and was back up after the dopamine had a chance to kick in. I guess the low dose was doing something after all! The cardiologist from Children's ordered another echo for tomorrow to try to pin point the exact effects the PDA is having on Sky's lungs. Overall, he had a good day. I pray for another one tomorrow.

Keller was feeling much better today. He was scooting his little body around his isolette. He loves to keep the respiratory therapists busy!  Doug (today's respiratory therapist) scored me a diaper change for Kell today. While he was in to check Kell's vent the nurse said she needed to change his diaper. Doug said that I knew how and that I should do it. I was thrilled when she agreed to let me. It was wonderful to get called off the bench to care for one of my boys. Kell greeted me with wide eyes and a finger grab. (Oh how he melts my heart!!) I'm hoping for some cuddles tomorrow!!

Thanks for all of your prayers!

Lots of Love,
Shelly

2 comments:

  1. Shelly Kristin and I have that same devotional and love it!! so glad you guys are going through it too! More importantly I am glad that the boys had a good day. Pray that today went well too! Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly-You and Micah were totally on my heart when I read this in my own Jesus Calling book. I was actually going to email it to you. I'm so glad to see that God already gave you the words of encouragement you needed--at just the right time.

    ReplyDelete