Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Into Heaven

It is with a heavy heart that I write this...

Skyler Gabriel Dolen has been scooped up by God's loving hands. We last updated that Sky's heart beat had dropped and he was just getting tired of fighting. When I got to the hospital I touched up Shelly's make-up and sat back and watched as she and Micah shared some special moments with their precious little man. Though his body was shutting down he made a few last efforts to open his eyes and be in the moment with his parents. Micah asked for the big boys to come see their brother and it was emotional for them as well. Asher didn't quite understand, but Grayson was struck with emotion and didn't want his brother to leave.

We gathered as a family and watched as Shelly comforted Skyler in her arms until he took his last breath. I can't even describe the emotion that swept the room, but Skyler's face was that of peace. For almost one month we've had the pleasure of knowing Skyler. He was quite the fighter. He's in good hands now and I know he will be waiting for his parents and brothers to see and play with them some day in Heaven.



A prayer sent to me by Erin that I had to share:

"Jesus, wrap your strong and loving arms around sweet baby Skyler as you carry him away from any pain and into the peaceful kingdom of heaven. Deliver him into his heavenly Father, and lay your healing hands on the hearts of his family as they hand him over to you."

Thanks for your continued support and prayers.

-Auntie Kylah

17 comments:

  1. Oh Shelly and Micah I am so sorry. Please know that my heart, love, and prayers are with you and your family. Bless you for your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is breaking for you. My admiration for you, your strength and your belief in God has grown with every post. You are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that God carry you and comfort you. I am so sorry...I know that Skyler has touched many lives, and my heart breaks for your family tonight. I continue to pray...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in my prayers. May your faith give you strength through this difficult time. Know that love surrounds you and your family. May Skyler be at peace and know what a gift he was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are no words that can express how sorry we are for your loss. We continue to pray for you, and your precious family, that God's comfort, grace, and peace touches you in the days ahead. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so, so deeply sorry for your loss. I've been following the blog since your babies were born, and your whole family has been constantly in my thoughts and prayers. For the short time he was here, you gave Skyler a lifetime of love, comfort, and family. May your whole family find peace, strength, and comfort in this time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Micah and Shelly, I am so very sorry for your loss. Skyler brought so much happiness to your family while he was here, and I hope the memories you made with him continue to bring you joy and strength during this difficult time. You are in my thoughts..... Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for your loss Shelly and Micah. I know you will see Sky again and he knows how much you and his whole family love him. God's peace and love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. We are at such a loss of what to say.

      We are so sorry.

      You are a stunning example of capturing and claiming God's strength and peace in the midst of a mighty storm. You have inspired countless lives and allowed the Lord to shine through you -- through it all -- and your life is truly an awesome testimony. Our hearts are so broken for you. May He hold you closer than ever before in the palm of His mighty hand until you and your precious Skyler can be reunited once again.

      We love you.

      Delete
  9. May the peace of God which surpasses all comprehending, surround, envelop and comfort you during this time – may the warm breeze of His love and tears of His sorrow protect you. I grieve for your unimaginable loss. Keller as well as the rest of the family will remain tucked in my prayers. -Susan Prince

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shelly & Micah-

    This song is my prayer for you today. We love you dearly and are hurting alongside you. Praying Christ's peace and comfort surrounds you each moment. http://youtu.be/ugD0i5Y3cw8

    Love,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to hear this news. I pray you and your family will continue to be comforted by friends and family during this hard time. What an example of strength and grace you and your family are Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sincere condolences to the Dolen family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shelley and Micah, we're so sorry for your loss and the pain you're going through. Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time. Tim, Kathryn and Summer

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so very sorry to hear that Sklyer passed to Heaven after fighting so hard to be here on earth. I pray that you find peace knowing he's in God's loving hands. I am so inspired and forever moved by your Faith in the Lord and your strength. What you have shared here along this journey has brought me closer to God through prayer for your family and more frequent conversations with God. Your family is constantly on my heart. I shared what was going on with my 5 year old daughter, and we pray together for the boys and you all. She thought Skyler was such a beautiful name that she now asks us to call her Skyler when we play :-) We continue to pray for Keller, and all of you. May you find peace in the Lord during this ever so difficult time. In Christ's Love...Robyn Yoder

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your family is in our prayers. May God's comfort and peace be with you all.

    ReplyDelete