Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

The best gift...

I got this email from Shelly last night...

A few weeks ago, a mommy friend contacted my friend, Jessica, to tell her about Pictures of Hope (local photographers come to the NICU and donate the gift of those precious newborn pictures) Jessica, being the little researcher that she is, looked into it right away only to find out that a friend of hers was one of the photographers. She called me to see if I would be okay with her connecting the two of us and of course I was. Mimi Inglin (Inglin Photography) came to the NICU on Jan. 24th for the boys first photo shoot. Mimi was fabulous! It was her first NICU shoot and she was so flexible with all the constraints that go with being here. It can be a little scary for people to see babies so small hooked up to wires and tubes but she took it all in stride not showing it at all if she was a little freaked out.

Today has just been a yucky day. I have been avoiding my e-mail mostly in the hopes to not cry for the millionth time today, (I swear I have broken a seal in my tear ducts and now I can't stop it!) but this evening tucked in my inbox was the perfect 4 week gift....a slide show of the boys photo shoot. While I did cry, it was tears of joy. God has given me such beautiful boys and I am so thankful for the amazing gift of fabulous pictures of them!

*The slideshow starts with Keller then goes to Sky. After Sky there is a picture of me and Doug's back (the respiratory therapist that day) we are both standing by Keller's isolette and Sky's is the one with the blanket over the top. (This is how both of the boys spent the majority of their days.) The slide show ends with photos of Keller getting his cares and new tape for his tube. 

Lots of Love,
Shelly

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! Something to cherish forever. My kids enjoyed seeing these slides of your precious bundles- thanks for sharing. Praying for strength for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an AMAZING GIFT. It captures the boys, their caregivers, you and your world for the past month in an incredible way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica is my best friend from high school. Isn't she an angel?! (And that Mimi isn't too shabby either!!) I'm so glad she shared your story. I will be adding you to my prayers as well. What amazing little miracles you have there. And I have NO DOUBT that angels attend them (and your family!) as you ride this coaster. So many tender mercies I've read about already. May there be MANY more!! :) They are very blessed to have you as their mother. Love and prayers from Arizona...

    ReplyDelete