Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

One Month

It can be hard to understand why God does certain things, but having faith in him means that you keep that faith no matter what the outcome. A good friend wrote this to me after hearing about Sky.

"God always answers prayer. Sometimes He says yes, sometimes He says not now, and sometimes He does say no. We don't always know his reasons but we do know the character of God. He's a good God. Supremely good. Knowing that, we can be 100% confident that He is weaving all things for good and His kingdom. And knowing that, we can be 100% confident Skyler is running, jumping, and laughing with Jesus. I can't wait to meet this little guy and run and jump and laugh with him." - Jeremy Wang

Today I have realized that while this is not the answer we were hoping for, it was God's answer. I have seen so many messages from people who have been touched by this story and I know that Sky did have a purpose here. He touched so many lives, helped people realize what's important in life, and even brought some people closer to God. I think that's pretty amazing for our little fighter Sky!! I love you Sky, and I will think of you often. You hold a special place in my heart and I can't wait for the day I too get to be with you in Heaven!

My parents came over today with the big boys to watch the Super Bowl. We had a good day with them and they seem to be handling all this very well. Micah and Shelly spent the day at the hospital. They have a new room in the NICU for Keller. During all the commotion last night Keller's monitor showed he was struggling as well, but after his brother went to be in Heaven, his vitals improved and he had the best night he's had! It was like he knew something was going on and was right there with his brother for a period of time. Shelly got to hold Keller today and she said he's getting really strong and was moving his head all around. His breathing is improving and they are thinking that on Wednesday they'll try the CPAP again so tomorrow they will start him on his caffeine drip ;)  There is still a long journey for Keller, but today things were good and I think that's just what Micah and Shelly needed.

Micah and Shelly are two of the strongest people I know and love. They are amazing parents and it's so inspiring to see them walk this path. I know they are still hurting and grieving the loss, but I do see hope in their eyes for the road that lays a head. Should Patrick and I decide to be parents some day I can only hope to be as great of parents as they are!

I feel so blessed to have this family. I love them so much!

Good night and thank you all for the continued support, prayers, and comfort you're all offering our family!

-Auntie Kylah 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Shelly, we ache for you and your family at the loss of sweet Skyler. What a blessed little boy he is to have such a wonderful, loving mother and father as you two. You are all in our prayers constantly.

    And by the way - Ryder misses you so very much and talks of you often. What a beautiful impression you made on him! Thanks for being so wonderful!!

    Jenny (and Ryder)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you honey for continuing to voice so beautifully, many of the feelings our family is sharing. It was such a blessing to have Bob and Joyce (Shelly's parent), Chip (Shelly's brother), you and Patrick, dad and I all present (on what dad called "Holy Ground") with Micah, Shelly, Grayson, Asher and Keller to witness our little angel being welcomed into Heaven. We know that Shelly's brother Ron (who lives out of state) was with us all in spirit.

    ReplyDelete