Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No More Drama!

On Sunday post the blog post we found out that Keller has a groin hernia and there was a possibility that he had MRSA. Awesome...I found my breaking point. Until they had the test results back, Kell was going to be put into isolation which means that the nurses were going to suit up in a sterile gown and gloves upon entering his room. We would not be allowed to go to public areas of the NICU which included the nourishment room where I get my ice water through out the day and would only be permitted to go straight to Kell's room and then straight home, no dilly dallying for us.

Upon our arrival on Monday a big chest of drawers filled with special gowns was outside of Kell's door that was decorated with a bright orange hazard and red STOP signs. Micah and I felt dirty and itchy as we sat in Kell's now sad little room. It was awful. With everything we have been through in the past 6 weeks this was the straw that was breaking my back. I tried so hard to keep my spirits up and focus in on God, but I struggled. I wanted to grab Kell and crawl into a dark little hole and cry. My poor baby, my poor self, blah, blah, blah....I was totally in the bitter barn and I hated it but I couldn't seem to get myself out. I prayed but they were angry prayers. Praise God that he didn't hold those against me because when I arrived at the NICU today I was greeted by a blank door & hallway.

Unfortunately, Kell has a staph infection but it's NOT MRSA and his hernia is "soft" (they can easily push it up from his groin back into his abdomen.) They will continue to monitor it but the hope is that it remains soft and it can wait until after he is discharged to be repaired surgically. So even with all the drama the past couple days we can breathe a sign of relief! Keller is still on track for now to come home close to his due date (April 17th), but I'm not really focusing on that. Instead, my focus is on our daily cuddles, Kell's progress day by day, moment to moment.

Keep praying for my sweet little guy! He's 32 weeks gestationally today...wahoo!

Lots of Love,
Shelly

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the MRSA scare but I'm glad you can now touch your baby glove free!! And will be praying for Kell's hernia to continue to have time to wait until the doctor's choose.
    Jesus's name!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete